Wednesday, July 27, 2011

New Author Index

I've made some changes to the WADs by author index. It's been a long time coming, but I've been learning how to make Javascript function on the page. This will be incredibly handy when doing monographic series of reviews on particular authors. The basic gist of it is that clicking on an author name will expand a list of all their contributions reviewed on the site. I don't know how many people use the author index, but hopefully this is infinitely more navigable. There may be some minor changes to come, like shrinking down the font, but this is basically my happy spot.

My other technical update will involve welding the file/date/author index into one single table, sortable by the viewer. I suspect it'll take a lot more work than combining the author indices, but it will make things much more browseable than the current configuration.

Edit: Actually, it's way easier than I thought! Thank you, javascript! And thank you, Christian Bach! Once I convert the indices over, I can rest easy.

Edit 2: The new index is up! my review index is now sortable by filename, title, date, author and type (single, minisode, episode, megawad). Just click on the table header for automatic sorting.

What's in the pipeline:

Anthony "Adelusion" Czerwonka
Dystopia 3: Re-Birth of Anarchy - Add-On Level

Matthias Worch
The Trooper's Playground

Christen David Klie
The Catwalk
The Combine
The Fistula
The Garrison
Subspace
Subterra
The C.P.U.
Device One
The D.M.Z.
The Enemy Inside
The Fury
The Hive

What's incoming:

Doom Core, by Michael Jan Krizik aka "Valkiriforce"

No comments:

Post a Comment